Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Whole Bunch of Stuff

Hey All!

As is the case whenever you plan to be gone from the HQ for awhile, a whole mess of stuff has cropped up.

First off, I'm late on the blog today as I had the chance to Hang Out with Mr. David Groves on the balcony last night.  He's heading home to Virginnie for Mama's day and won't be here for the party this weekend so he wanted to get together.  I, of course, said, "Hell's to the yeah!"

We had some brews and talked business and about his film 6 Shots and his entrance into the semi-finals with a NexTVEntertainment competition.  Congratulations buddy!

We may have stayed up a bit too late.  That is, after all, what we do.


Have a safe trip Dave! : D

We are also 81% funded which is good as that full complement has become most necessary today with new information.  But we shan't dwell on that!  I really appreciate all you've done.

Can we get that last 19%?  Can we get a little bit more?  Can you re-tweet this link for me?

http://ssssmlh2013.blogspot.com/2013/02/summer-shakespeare-sojourn-subsidy.html

Thanks!

81%  you say!

Why yes I did!

Let's meet a couple more folks who have made this project that much more possible.

The first I've mentioned before in this post as she is the younger sister to whom I was referring!

Cate Akens has temporarily moved back to the Northwest suburbs of Chicago and I look forward to seeing her at the end of the summer!  She is an artist and a web designer.  You can find some of her work at Kazerin Studios.  Or if you visit me I can point out some of it on my walls.


Thanks sis!

Another wonderful lady who chipped in is my good friend and fellow Chicago transplant Dawn "Sam" Alden.


Dawn is a hell of an actor and an accomplished fighter, the founder of Babes with Blades, a Chicago all-female combat focused troupe.  I have worked with Babes on occasion when I freelanced in Chicago and met Dawn through a fellow Babe, Kat Wolf, while we working on an Elizabethan swashbuckling film, Sword of Hearts.  (If you ever watch SoH, the drinking game involves taking one every time I get hit in the head or face. Try it out if you want to get *wasted*.)

Dawn is also a New England trained Oyster Shooter!

I have been lucky enough to see her a few times since her relocation to the West Coast and I am doubly thankful for her contribution as I know she has her own journeys to make this summer.

Travel safely my dear!

There is more to tell, but I feel this blog is bursting with information already, so let's meet again tomorrow and I'll say some more, okay?

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday.  And May the Fourth be With you . . .


: D

Best,

M

Funding:                    81.8%
Days to OH:              10

No comments:

Post a Comment