Saturday, May 11, 2013

Three Little Maids From School

Hey everybody.

I just realized what a terrible title that is for this post.  Not that it's a terrible title.  I love G&S.  But I only went to school with one of these women and I consider none of them little.  They are all phenomenal women with fire in their eyes and flashing teeth.  But there's three of them, so I'll keep it.  ; )

The first of this trio I only met recently through my roomie who I profiled yesterday.  Azy Kashani is also from Georgia and has landed in L.A. She works for the Food Network and *never* shows up to a party without a giant bottle of Svedka.

                                                    Shawn & Az at St. God's Memorial Hospital;
                                                                          Natch

Azy is caring, funny and truly sweet.  She is a dyed-in-the-wool RockNRoll Party Girl.  If the Az is around, you will not be bored!  She also has an idea for a podcast that I can't wait to discuss with her when I'm back in the fall!  : )

Amy Handra is my youngest sister from that awesome WSU class I told you about.

After graduation we fell out of touch for many a year but were reunited when Brian cast her as Lady MacDuff and Hecate in that killer production of Macbeth.  She was a good sport and let me drown her on stage.  She along with a few other older folks helped raise that production to a point where everyone (novice to naysayer) was working at the top of the form.

                                                                Drowning Lady MacDuff:  
                                                                            Got your good side, eh Amy? ; )  Heh

She spent some time studying at the University of Alabama after teaching High School Drama for many years and then went on to work at the Colorado Shakespeare Festival.  She's now living the dream in the Big Apple.

Thanks for the help sis!  

Catherine Smitko I haven't seen since I worked with her on HEARTBREAK HOUSE at the Goodman Theatre.  She was a joy to work with and I have managed to stay in touch via email, Myspace, FB and the like over the years.

It turns out she is going to be gone when I get to Chicago at the end of the summer.  She is a helluvan Actor and a singer and very in demand.


She supposed to me to me the following:

"You, now, considering how often we miss each other (you're gigging in Chicago when I'm in L.A. and visa-versa), I can only assume the universe has some ironic secret plans for us.

Or Armageddon will occur when we do, in fact, get to visit.....jeesh."

I'm ready to tempt fate sooner rather than later, aren't you Lady?  : D

Thanks to all three of you wonderful people for your help!  I can't wait to hug and kiss you all!

XOXO

Best,

M

Funding:                    88.6%
Days to OH:               3

No comments:

Post a Comment