Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Greetings from the State of Bliss

That was the front of the card I got from my good friend Beth Popelka recently.

It's a Ganesha inspired greeting card and a truly heartfelt wish accompanied by a 4 page handwritten letter.

That is Beth.

She and I have corresponded more by old-fashioned post than anyone else in my life and I it is like opening an envelope full of loving sunshine every time I get something from her.  It's no wonder that I wrote this piece for her while I lived in merry old England.


It's on page 83 of Carnival of Filth.  (If you'd like a copy, please let me know! Or if you're feeling brave and/or foolhardy, you can scoop up my "novel" fi.de.i.ty.)

Beth has long been my Muse and Good Luck Charm and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  She is an artistic warrior and one of my most inspiring sisters.

Siblings how I generally feel about the group of artists with whom I had the privilege to attend the Wright State University Professional Actor Training Program.  We were the class of 1998 and we are still dynamite!  Everyone is off doing different things and one of my brothers will be directing the shows on which I'll be collaborating this summer.  But I digress . ..

Beth is a bit of a Luddite and so I can't give you any links to check out her awesomeness, but if you see her one person show pop up anywhere near you, run, don't walk to see it.  She is well-versed in Boal and Communal Theatre Acts and genuinely wants what is best for everyone and the planet on which we find ourselves and the communities which we build.

And her surname is "Cinderlla" in Polish.  What more do you need?

I can't wait to find out what her next move is.  I know she and Monica (another sister!) are in Brooklyn and I hope I can see them in their own environment sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your constant and continued positive influence on my life Beff.

Love ya.

Best,

M

Funding:                    70.8%
Days to Departure:   13

No comments:

Post a Comment