Monday, April 15, 2013

Serendipity

You know how I said I was going to see Mad Forest yesterday? 

Well I did.  And I got a donation from one of the cast members, Ryan Mulkay, on the same day.

Pretty cool, huh?

I love Baader-Meinhof and déjà vu and serendipity all the rest of that kind of phenomena.  I like to attribute events to them even when the equation doesn't make a lot of sense. 

So I will! : D

Ryan is that guy you know who is always in a project.  He's always working.  In a show.  Working on a filmBusy busy busy.  As such, I don't get to see him as much as I'd like.  I met him through Dave Groves and all the folks I know who live in and around the 611 Film Project.

If you'd like to see more of Ryan, check out the aforementioned production of Mad Forest he is in with the Open Fist Theatre Company.

It was nice to see it presented as it was Churchill's only major work I hadn't seen staged.  It is about the effect on a group of people during the Romanian Revolution and the fall of Nicolae Ceaușescu.  Mr. Mulkay joins 19 other actors in playing multiple characters to tell this story.  Not as bizarre (and therefore fun to me) as many of her more ground-breaking pieces, but worth a look.

In other news, the SSSSMLH2013 is 54.4% funded and I depart for Ohio in about a month.  Woohoo!

Thank you for all you do.

Best,

No comments:

Post a Comment