Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bang Up Piss Up, innit?

Hey all!

I had the good fortune to see my friend Bridget Krull when she happened to be in town on business last week.  A good thing too.  I hadn't seen her in 6 years and I wasn't sure when we'd get to Hang Out, but as it happened she had a free night after a long week and we met up at one of the bars in the Roosevelt Hotel.

I have a lot of friends I haven't seen in a long while, but this was particularly special as Bridget now lives in London.  In fact, when I walked up to greet her, she was studying for her citizenship exam.  How cool is that?


We chatted about London and her move and her work with ticketmaster and had a few drinks before I suggested we should try to get her out of the Nexus of Evil (my name for the Temple to Consumerism that is Hollywood & Highland), every city has one.  We stopped at the Powerhouse, one of my favorite Hollyweird bars.  It's a little more cleaned up than it was when I fell in love with it, but we still had a nice time with a pitcher of Pabst before deciding we needed to go on a quest for grilled cheese.

Though we didn't find the Melt (which I today realized is all the way down on sunset) but had a nice nosh at Kitchen 24.  After a long week, Ms. Krull needed to call it a night before flying back across the pond, but man the night flew by!

It's always a treat when you see someone you haven't in ages and you feel like you pick up right where you left off.  This was a great Hang Out and it was so good to see her.

If the stars every align, hopefully I'll get to see her in her new town.  I haven't been to the U.K. since before the turn of the century and I'd sure like to go.

But man it was nice to see my old friend!

Hi Bridget!  *waves like a madman*  Come back soon!

Oh, and speaking of all things cool and British, Happy 449th Birthday Billy Boy!


Best,

M

Funding:  65.7%

No comments:

Post a Comment